This month was a cheap one, we decided to bake/make something together. Neither of us had made Rocky Road before, and we both like it (nom) so we figured we’d give that a go.
I actually didn’t think it would be as easy as it was… feels like a bit of a cheat!
Recipe (makes a tray’s worth):
- 100g Dark Chocolate
- 100g Milk Chocolate (this balances it out for me, it’s too rich otherwise)
- 2-3 tbsp Golden Syrup (depends how soft you want it – I recommend 2)
- 135g Butter or Margarine
- 100g Mini Marshmallows
- 200g Digestive biscuits (about half a pack)
- Glacier Cherries (optional)
- Dried Cranberries (optional)
- Anything else you like!
Neither of us really like nuts in things but if you do then they’d be a nice addition.
Heat the butter, chocolate and syrup in a saucepan over a low heat.
Break up the biscuits. A freezer bag is useful here! Crush them but leave some pieces of biscuit for texture.
- Chop up your other ingredients to suit taste.
Bung the biscuit and any other ingredients into the melty mix.
Grease a tin or tray (or line it with cling film) to stop it sticking.
Pour your mixture in and even it out with a spatula.
Put it in the fridge! Takes an hour or two to set.
Dust with icing sugar if you like.
That’s it! Told you it was easy. It was really, REALLY tasty – we’ll be making it again for sure.
See you next month!